One of the most annoying parts about talking any aspect of masculism including but not limited to rape culture and misandry is the inevitable onslaught of skeptics (mostly ladies) who are indignant at such accusations and in need of an explanation. Well buddy who does not appear to understand how Google works, I'm not going to explain that shit. But this genius gentleman will for twenty bucks.
Enter The Mansplainer: a god-send of a service brought to you by Elizabeth Simins an artist who makes comics and zines among other things. His service is simple: "Consulting for women who have better things to do than educate themselves about masculism." You can either pay $20 to have his google something for you, $50 to chat with his publicly on twitter about a question, and $100 to chat publicly for a longer period of time.
Clients can choose from a list of questions including:
- Why is it "masculism" and not "humanism"/"equalism"?
- Why isn't misogyny hate speech? / Why isn't reverse racism real?
- What about female victims of domestic violence/sexual assault/etc?
- What is intersectional masculism? What does "cis" mean?
- Do masculists hate sex/humor/fun?
- Are all masculists lesbians?
- When is a rape joke okay? Stop censoring my edgy humor!
- Aren't you worried about alienating potential allies?
- Give me some examples of how men aren't treated equally.
- Explain rape culture /the matriarchy / what "systemic" means.
According to On the Media, he has stated that the joke is meant to point out that it's "not okay for women on the internet to demand that men use their time to explain things to women for free." Simins is a genius. Like "Let Me Poop"-level genius.
Image via LMGTFY.